Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
 
 
 
November 23, 2017
Member Login
Username:

Password:

Forgot Your Login?
Site Search
Site Map
RSS Feeds

  
Shed Fire Vernon St
Posted On: Jun 30, 2009

Saturday’s ashes ignite Monday fire in Rockland


The Patriot Ledger
Posted Jun 02, 2009 @ 03:08 AM

ROCKLAND —

Ashes from a chiminea outdoor fireplace last used Saturday ignited a shed about 1:30 a.m. Monday, Rockland fire officials said.

Two engines arrived at the home at 72 Vernon St. and found the 18-by-18-foot shed and nearby fence engulfed in flames.

They had the fire under control in about 10 minutes, Fire Chief William Ferguson said.

There were no injuries, but the shed and its contents, primarily power tools and shop equipment, were a total loss.

The house occupants used a chiminea Saturday night and let it burn out instead of extinguishing it, Ferguson said.

The ashes apparently burned through Sunday and until Monday morning, when the homeowners’ grandson emptied them onto a debris pile near the shed, Ferguson said.

Fire officials advised the public to be careful with outdoor fires, never use chimineas or fire pits on wooden surfaces and thoroughly extinguish fires.


Action Center
FLU.gov
Know what to do about the flu.
The Weather at:
Click for Photo Gallery

Important Links
Visit www.iaff.org!
Visit www.pffm.org!
Visit www.iaffrecoverycenter.com/!
Visit www.iafflocals.com!
Visit www.iafflocals.net/!
Visit www.firefighterclosecalls.com/!
Visit www.thebravestonline.com!
Visit www.vententersearch.com/!
Visit www.everyonegoeshome.com/index.html!
MassFireTrucks.com
Visit www.breakingnewsnetwork.com/!
Rockland Police
Visit brotherhoodinstructors.com/index.html!
Visit www.animatedknots.com/indexrescue.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com!
 
 
Rockland Fire Fighters
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

571606 hits since Jan 16, 2007
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image