Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
 
 
 
April 23, 2017
Member Login
Username:

Password:

Forgot Your Login?
Site Search
Site Map
RSS Feeds

  
House Fire on Pond St.
Updated On: May 21, 2009
 
 
Photos from 3/17/09 house fire on Pond St.now in photo gallery. Photos by Stephanie Spyropoulos and Jim Hudson.

Fire in Rockland on Saint Patrick's Day
By JIM HUDSON Correspondent  
1st Responder Network, www.1strespondernews.com/

ROCKLAND, MA (PLYMOUTH COUNTY) - Shortly after 4:30 p.m. on St. Patrick's Day in Rockland, multiple calls were coming into the fire station for a reported house fire on 256 Pond Street. Box 33 was struck and Rockland Ladder 1, Engine 3, and Engine 4 were dispatched.

Engine 3 arrived on scene and reported heavy smoke showing. The building was a two story, split level dwelling. Everybody was reported to be out of the house, safe and accounted for.

Fire Chief William Ferguson arrived on scene shortly after the first companies and requested Abington to cover the station while Norwell and Hingham had Engines responding to the scene of the fire.

The fire had been sparked in the basement of the dwelling and traveled up through the walls into the attic. Firefighters had an offensive attack on the fire to bring it to a halt. Some firefighters went onto the roof of the house and began sawing holes into the roof to get a better view of the fire and to help ventilate the structure.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m. the fire was knocked down and extensive overhauling needed to be done. There is no estimated cost of damages to house, but the house was said to be salvageable. The cause of the fire was said to be a water heater.

House fire in Rockland blamed on water heater

Fire department: No one injured; home can be saved


The Patriot Ledger

ROCKLAND —

A malfunctioning water heater in the basement of a Rockland home started a fire that damaged the first floor and attic, fire officials said.

At 4:37 p.m. Tuesday, the Rockland Fire Department received a report of a fire at 256 Pond St., Lt. Donald Hussey said.

Sparked by the water heater, the fire began in the basement and spread up the flue pipe to the first floor and attic.

Firefighters, who arrived to find heavy smoke, were able to put out the fire by 5:30 p.m.

Hussey said the homeowners got out of the house safely. Nobody was hurt.

Personnel and equipment from the Norwell and Hingham fire departments assisted at the scene; the Abington department provided coverage at Rockland’s station.

Hussey did not have a monetary estimate of the damage, but he said the house was salvageable.

Reach Allison Manning at amanning@ledger.com.


Action Center
FLU.gov
Know what to do about the flu.
The Weather at:
Click for Photo Gallery

Important Links
Visit www.iaff.org!
Visit www.pffm.org!
Visit www.iafflocals.com!
Visit www.iafflocals.net/!
Visit www.firefighterclosecalls.com/!
Visit www.thebravestonline.com!
Visit www.vententersearch.com/!
Visit www.everyonegoeshome.com/index.html!
MassFireTrucks.com
Visit www.breakingnewsnetwork.com/!
Rockland Police
Visit brotherhoodinstructors.com/index.html!
Visit www.animatedknots.com/indexrescue.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com!
 
 
Rockland Fire Fighters
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

554941 hits since Jan 16, 2007
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image