Firefighters quickly extinguished a blaze in a home before it could spread far from the chimney where it started.
They were called to 527 West Water St. in Rockland shortly before 8:30 p.m. Wednesday when a chimney connected to a wood-burning stove caught fire. Flames had spread into the space above the first-floor ceiling, but they were extinguished within about 15 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters from Abington and Hanover were also called to the scene, while the Hingham Fire Department covered the Rockland station.